Mr. Dalma P. James
Dalma P. James & Associates has a full-time staff complement of fifteen people, ranging from fully qualified accountants to people who are in the early stages of ACCA and AAT training.
In addition to the permanent staff, DPJ is associated with experts in various areas of specialization that enable the firm to offer the highest level of expertise in a wide range of services. This gives the firm the ability to assist their clients in solving most of their information and control problems.
Mr. Dalma P. James has 28 years of audit experience spanning mining, distribution, agriculture, manufacturing, and professional services, including computer-based accounting systems.
He worked as a partner in Chapman James and Associates Management Consultants for 10 years, and was the Chairman of the Supervisory Committee of the City of Kingston Co-operative Credit Union for nine years. Mr. James also served as the Senior Accountant for seven years at Price Warehouse.
Mr. James holds a Diploma in International Financial Reporting and Auditing from the Chartered Institute of Certified Accountants, as well as a Bachelor’s degree in Management Studies and a Master’s degree in Accounting from the University of the West Indies.
He is the Chairman of Audit Committee of the Accountant General’s Department, and is also a member of several boards and committees, including:
- Boards of the Small Business Association of Jamaica (SBAJ)
- Private Sector Organization of Jamaica (PSOJ)
- National Development Foundation of Jamaica (NDFJ)
- The Private Sector Organisation of Jamaica (PSOJ)
- Jamaica Promotions Corporation (JAMPRO)
- Development Bank of Jamaica (DBJ)
- The Ministry of Industry, Investment and Commerce (MIIC)
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Jamaica
- The Chartered Institute of Certified Accountants (UK)
- The Audit and Finance Committees of the Airports Authority of Jamaica (AAJ)
- Norman Manley International Airport (NMIA)